Monday, February 25, 2013

Sisters in Islam do not be ashamed to wear your hijab:

Asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh,

Bismillahi Rahmanir Raheem:

Dear Muslimahs please do not be ashamed to wear your hijab.   ALLAH Ta'ala says in Surah Al-Ahzab 33:59: 

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

This shows that we have been commanded by ALLAH Ta'ala to dress like that and we should not be ashamed - no matter what!  Its part of who we are!


I remember my first day of wearing a hijab - I got to work and everybody was staring at me.  Having been a tomboy before I embraced Islam - this was really surprising to my colleagues and I remember one of my Muslim Colleagues approached me and asked if this (my covering) was not mockery and I said no and nobody thought that it was for real (because I was known to be playful and all that).  But everything has its end.  So it went on - I continued dressing modestly and when the month of Ramadan came - we started fasting and everybody wanted to see if I'd make it cause I was known to be a big eater.  I admit the first day was difficult but my intention was good so I asked ALLAH SWT to make it easy for me and before I knew it the day was over.  I fasted the whole month and changed my wardrobe and my fellow Muslim colleagues stopped doubting my intentions and the next Ramadan came, I fasted and now things were okay because I was now dressing modestly everyday and had even changed my ways of doing things.  I remember one of my christian colleagues saying to me "I never thought you would do it".  Voila! when one's intentions are good and they wish to be guided - ALLAH SWT makes it easy for them.  ALLAH Ta'ala says in Surah Al An'am 6: 125: 

And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not.

So lets not be ashamed of who we are - let us wear our hijabs - everyday without fail because we have been commanded by ALLAH Ta'ala to wear them!

Until next time in sha ALLAH Fi-amaan-ALLAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment